How To File A Claim
If you suspect a covered component in your vehicle has failed, GWC Warranty is here to provide you with a “No Worries, Just Drive” experience to ensure that your claim is handled efficiently so you can get back on the road quickly.
To file a claim following a mechanical breakdown, follow these simple steps:
- Upon notice of a mechanical breakdown, safely pull over your vehicle and shut it off as needed to prevent further damage.
- If you need towing or roadside assistance, and it is included in your coverage, refer to your contract for the number to call.
- Take your vehicle to a licensed repair facility. For help locating a preferred service facility near you, call the number on your contract or search online at www.gwcwarranty.com/drivers/service-map.
- Once your vehicle is at the repair facility, the facility must contact GWC with an estimate PRIOR to any work beginning on the vehicle.
- If it is determined that a covered component has failed and the repairs are approved, GWC will issue a claims authorization number that will need to appear on any billing invoices for payment.
IMPORTANT: Do not have any work done on your vehicle prior to receiving an authorization number.
For additional details regarding claims processing, please refer to your contract. If needed, you can also look up your coverage details online.